A lot of parents feel free when they equip their babies with types of baby swings. As they do not have to look after or embrace their babies all the time, they seem to forget about helping their darlings to avoid bad habits during sleeping. At first, they may know what the best baby swing to buy is but when using it, they do not really care for the risks and mistakes they can make. In fact, more than half of swing users make mistakes in forming the right postures for babies. In this article, these mistakes of parents will be dissected.
- Leave babies on the swing all the time
Thanks to intelligent designs, we can see the way a baby swing benefits but a lot of people count on this equipment so much that they make the swing a nanny who is responsible for baby caring. However, if they continue to do so, there will have some negative impacts as bellows.
- Babies play alone day by day, which may force them to suffer from autism or depression.
- Babies used to being alone will be shy to communicate with others.
- Their brain may not be fostered as they do not have chance to take an approach to the outside.
- Their health can be worsened in the stage of growing up and forming body structure as they are restricted by the space of the swing.
- Only let babies lie on their back
Lying on the back can be regarded as the most popular posture for babies. However, no one makes sure that this is the most ideal posture for them. Therefore, you had better change the lying postures of your babies regularly so that their bones are all comprehensively developed.
According to experts, helping babies lie on their back can reduce the syndromes of sudden shock. However, babies still need to lie face down to keep balance. When babies are procumbent, they will try to use their necks to raise their heads, which makes them move more.
In addition to this, on the swing with steady flat seat, babies should often change their lying postures so that the back bones and ribs are well – improved.
- Help babies stand in the swing seat
This is a severe mistake of many parents. Even though the baby swing can be flat and large, babies should not learn to stand in the swing. We can give you some explanation as bellows.
- The swing seat is above the ground so it is very difficult for babies to keep balance
- There is no steady fence to lean on
- The seat is not flat and hard as the floor as it is made by cushion
- Babies are easy to fall and have wounds in their face
- The seat cushion and the frame may be deformed
- The target is not reached (babies cannot stand in the swing)
- Let babies sleep on the swing too early
Many people think that they should give their babies freedom since they are born. Of course, getting freedom is good but too small babies will have wrong development if they have to get acquainted with the swing early.
As you know newborn babies only sleep and wait for being breastfed. We cannot guess when they wake up and when they are hungry. Therefore, mothers have to be with them all the time for about 3 – 4 first months.
After 4 months, babies should move the swing for their daily activities, mostly sleeping. The first stage during three months, mothers had better form the following habits to support their babies:
- Let babies sleep by themselves
- Let babies continue sleeping if they are startled so that they can sleep well in the swing
- Forget about pamper them too much as they will insist you on lulling
- Do not have time frame for babies
Taking care of babies is very difficult for people who have no smart method. In fact, we can make it easier by establishing a time frame for our babies. It means they should sleep in sleeping time and wake up at the right time set. Doing so, we will be able to help babies a lot if they are moved to baby swing.
- Be proactive
- Babies will not sleep all the time or sleep at wrong time when you cannot look after them
- They will wake up or call you for eating when necessary
- You will be also more proactive in meeting babies’ requirements.
- Be convenient
When you can set up a frame of time, you will know what to prepare at what time so you will not be hurried or worried about what to do first if there is too much work.